Recently, we have seen nurses from all over the world, applying for nursing Saudi Arabia nursing jobs. This is due, to the presupposed high wages given to nurses in this Middle East country. Is there some truth in this conception? Of course, there is. If you are lowly paid in your country and you would not mind crossing over seas to find your dream salary, Saudi Arabia is your destination. Here is what to expect:
- Tax free salary- Salaries in various health care institutions; be it public or private varies. In most cases, you are paid depending on the rates in your country of origin. Hence, salaries are average but they are handsomely augmented by benefits.
- Free accommodation, with furnishings and utilities-This makes your stay cost-effective.
- Free medical cover
- Free travel to the country and departure when you have completed the contract
- Free transportation services
- Accessibility to free on-job training opportunities
- Overtime pay and flexible transfer guidelines as well as promotion opportunities
- Free recreation services
- Free nurse uniform and laundry
It is important to understand that the perks offered by various organizations or institutions, will vary significantly. Some will offer more benefits. This gives you another reason to inquire more what is in for you, when you take a nursing job in Saudi Arabia. The more benefits the better for you.
Are nurses offered bonuses?
Again, this depends on the hospital or organization. Some pay as much as $2500 for a 1-year contract and $5000 for a 2-year contract, as bonuses. In addition, for each year you work as a nurse in the country, you acquire a service award. This is awarded based on the Saudi Arabia Labor Law. In some hospitals, there is an end-of-year award.
How do you receive the money?
First, you will need to open a bank account locally. To do this, you will require an Iquama, as the locals call it. It is a type of identification document. Once your bank account is up and running, the hospital you are working for, will send your salary plus benefits into the account. You can then withdraw the money, through various ATMs spread out in the country.
Nursing jobs in Saudi Arabia, may give you an opportunity to enjoy a good pay. You should try applying for the jobs.